Deutsch
English
Français
Español
Polski

History

  • 1949 Company foundation by Mr. Ernst Krapf and Mr. Eduard Lex.
  • 1951 Construction of the first free blasting plant for the German National Railways. 
  • 1953 Moving to the present company premises in Weiden. After the sudden death of Ernst Krapf in October 1955, Eduard Lex gains 100% of the company shares.
  • In the following years extension of the production range by ventilation grilles for railway vehicles and pressure tanks for sand blasting plants.
  • 1963 Building of the production hall in Roding.
  • 1972 Transfer of company leadership to son Dipl.-Ing. Ernst Lex
  • Expansion of the production area in Weiden in the following years.
  • 1991 Building of a modern administration building. 
  • 1993 Due to the increase in the field of ventilation grilles the division to Krapf & Lex Verkehrstechnik and Krapf & Lex Oberflächentechnik takes place.
  • 1995 Krapf & Lex wins the announcement of the German Railways for a pressure protection system. Most of the ICE (German high-speed train) generations and also the Transrapid (German high-speed magnetic train) are equiped with pressure protection systems of Krapf & Lex.
  • 2006 Mr. Lex arranges his succession at Krapf & Lex Verkehrstechnik, transition of the company to Silvia and Martin Schulz.
  • 2010 Krapf & Lex Verkehrstechnik presents a variety of innovations at the InnoTrans fair 2010.